Down To Earth - Fierra & Lira Down To Earth - Fierra & Lira

What I expect from DJBrixX

I haven't been on the audio portal in a while, but when I did, you can bet your name was the first one I looked up. I'm so glad you decided to continue to post on Newgrounds.

Here's one of my weird reviews, because I know you put so much time into creating this, it deserves a portion of my time appreciating it. I only hope I can offer some sort of encouragement or advice.

the energy increases perfectly from 0:48 to about 0:53, and then launches beautifully into what sounds like piano at about 1:10. Despite the strong beat you have going, the echoing piano pierces the melody in a powerful way, which seems to make the song just wash over me. When I can just sit back and let a song blanket me with the volume turned up, that is what makes it meaninful music, whether it is classical or trance or whatever.
--------------
At 1:40 you introduce the lower notes, which slowly take over the piano until 2:20.

At this point, you bring in an element which I never saw in your music when I used to listen to it and which shows that you've moved on to the next level of composition.

from 3:17, you launch back into a combination of everything you were building up

At 3:46, I particularly liked how the vocals were presented, while in the foreground, they were backed up with the powerful theme melody this time. I found that this helped intertwine them into the notes.

4:14 - 5:25 gave me some time to recuperate and to listen to all your elements in turn, each one adding their own flavor to this section and to your theme.

At 5:26, you introduce the vocals again, with some distortion, but it is not overdone, just enough to keep the song progressive, and not repetitive.

From this point onward, with spots like 6:36, 7:02, and at the end

the isolation of the piano at the end worked very well, and that last vocal note really worked.
-------------------------------------
---
As a sort of compliment sandwich, I have very minor advice concerning the vocals. This song utilizes voice very well, but I think some more experimentation with distortion and how it mixes with the notes might tweak the whole piece so that it meshes well together. Particularly, the first introduction of the voice, and then the extreme distortion at 7:02 seemed to jolt me a little. I can see that you changed the level of distortion a little mor each time it was introduced, but given that your music has a rich blend of crescendos, isolations, and different themes, your vocals could also follow a more complex pattern.
-----------------------------------

Great piece of music, BrixX, I can tell that since I enjoyed pieces such as "wings of love" and "Beyond Reach" you have continued to develop your style and technique. Don't lose it though - you have something original which defines your music, and that's what's important.

keep it up, and keep making music.

___Crunchy

Rise Your Sword Rise Your Sword

o.O i'm on edge

Hehe, you conveyed this battle tension so well, i'm looking around for the charging enemy O.O. Like there's the slightest bit of glory in the beginning around 0:15, then it shifts into something a little more aggressive at 0:30, then it finally breaks into the evilish, dark, foreboding tentacles of warrish thing at 0:58, the theme that appears at about 1:10, works in this feeling of apprehension, and the climax at 1:27-ish with the cymbals and the strings ( i think?) was crazy. When it ended, it was like "Here they Come!" Lol, sorry, I have quite an imagination XD. And so do you, I can see (hear). Great job, I went through quite an array of images and emotion listening to this. I guess my favorite part was how you opened up with that drumming and then the bass drums between 0:50 and 1:00. Awesome, awesome, I really enjoyed this.

sorohanro responds:

thanx for the beautiful review, quite imaginative ... i could never imagine things on music, for me, music is just about sounds and feelings ... guess i need from time to time someone to put images on that
hope you'll like also the happy/jazzy stuff i have here

Mortal Kombat (Metal-Trance) Mortal Kombat (Metal-Trance)

I loved this, it had some great twists!

At 41, that was pure genius, breaking into that theme. Then it borke down into that metallic theme and kept up a high energy level with some great background variance until around 1:25, when it went into high pitched electronic stuff, and then back again shrotly after 1:40. The rest of the piece was a nice break from the convential MK remixes. at 2:25, I loved the heavy theme on the MK, along with the singular notes in the back around 2:45. Great ending, I kind of liked those three little things at the very end, remined me that it was some good guitar throughout it. I hope you don't think i'm too weird with the way I break down my music reviews ;) but I loved this piece, i'm def downloading it =).

himenow responds:

It'd be great if everyone commented like you ;)
I wasn't too happy with the ending I did, but I'm glad someone liked it :D

Evil-Dog - The Last Stand Evil-Dog - The Last Stand

Quite consuming

Heh, I was first introduced to your work through SC guitar hero maniac deluxe 2, and this shows the same incredible level of talent. I love the guitar lines throughout, especially at the middle of the piece. I totally created my own little retarded zombie scenes in my head while listening to this ^_^. Thank you much for sharing this with us! (Btw, My favorite part was at about 1:55 where it calmed down and eventually broke down into just the fadding out guitar, just like the beginning! Very smart way to tie it all into a cocmplete piece)
__Crunchy.

_-={Newgrounds Spectrum}=-_ _-={Newgrounds Spectrum}=-_

Wow, very original

This was crazy, how you were able to accurately convey so many different emotions. This was epic, and I can see why it has his excellent score. It is so obvious you put long amounts of time and planning into this, and i'm sure we all truly enjoyed this piece which included variety, skill, and a few surprises. =)

Beyond Reach - DJ BrixX Beyond Reach - DJ BrixX

Amazing!

Wow, nice job BrixX! Every piece you do is better than the next! Your music saved me on the plane the other day when I was craving somethign different, and this "Beyond Reach" is no exception and is rife with talent and your style.

and 1:05 I liked the little snare roll, it was like taking a breath. Also I loved the background noise, sounded almost like a rainstick or something, but it put a little touch of something myserious to it all. I think that worked with the title =). Then at 2:05, you launch into the higher-pitched electronic theme with the muffled bit around 2:20 and 2:35 - ish. You established the main beat and theme by 2:30, and set the listener up to just enjoy the rest of the ride.

I like how you were still changing stuff even while you were hamemring in the theme, like around 3:35 where you launched into it again.

The shift at about 3:45 was nice, because it allowed the song to mellow out a bit to the kind fo ethereal bits starting at 4:00. Then, you reestablish the already familiar theme. The shorter lines and repetition towards the end kind of prepare us for the end, and then that drumming followed by the muffle at the very end are so relaxing, and are a great way to herald in the end of the piece.

Ok, that's my review, sorry if I use terms that I kinda make up, but I hope you get the jist of what I say. Anyways, another AWESOME addition to your already fantastic repetoire, I can't believe that someone your age can create such masterpieces, and I can't wait to see what else you have to offer your fans as your skills increase and improve.

I'll shut up now =)

Fierra responds:

Thankyou very much for the review =) A nice long one with a good explanation of why it's good, just how I like it! =D
Brittany

Wings of Love (Completed) Wings of Love (Completed)

Have to leave a review

ugh, I hate leaving reviews, because I never know when to shut up, but I always find pieces like this which speak to me, and so I feel like I owe it to the artist to let them know that their work is really appreciated.

After building up your beats and working with that echoey, distant theme, you started up at 1:08 and you had all sorts of cool downs, like from 1:50 to about 2:10, which were genius. Such variation gives pieces real attitude.

Your bass beat worked really well, it wasn't too loud - alot of people overdue bass ^^
at 2:55, you launched into the theme again with that buzzy-beepy sound which evoked feelings of profound happiness. The piece did seem to soar a bit, and had some very inspirational undertones, which helps me to understand the title of your piece.

That whishing sound at the end was great, because it was like exhaling after a long day doing whatever, having fun, i dunno, but it worked =)

Fierra responds:

YOU never know when to shut up? =P
Check out some of MY reviews!
Hehe and I'm glad, I really like how you've justified everything that rocks in my piece =)
Thankyou very much for the review!
DJ BrixX

Midnight Cruise Midnight Cruise

Has a life of its own

I loved how at he beginning, you let the beeping fade out, and then just as it was about to disappear, you started it again. The break-in at 0:35 was nice.

This piece has a jazzy, relaxed sorta feel and you keep enough variation throughout the lines to keep the lsitener interested. It soudns like you have at least three tracks going at any given time. At 2:00 you completely changed it around and the piano sounds became dominant, then shifted into the electronic bleeps. This worked nicely in my opinion because you then built off of that and set up the ending, which while a bit abrupt... I can't think of a better way to end the song than a fade-out, maybe just a longer one. Whatever, I loved the piece, very relaxing with a twist of something else added in, which gave the music some real character.

RAVEN responds:

Hey CrunchyOrphan, thanks a lot for the excellent review. I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I will post a bulletin when it is fully completed and uploaded to my myspace account. I have an interesting idea as to how it should end. Thanks again for the review. It was very informative. =)

MS - Eccentricity MS - Eccentricity

Ah, I like your diverse styles.

I'm going through all your music, and I like how you can make your music so flexible. Somethign in this which I really like was some sort of oriental theme going on in the background which was just enough so that it appeared pas the awesome bass and drums you put in. At around 1:30, it reminded me a little of that game "lemmings" for some reason, which made me laugh. At 1:55, it was epic when it broke down and launched into the percussion. Reminded me of those japanese drum deals. It changed up a bit nicely though for the ending, which works with the heavy drums in the beginning.

Mortal Symphony - Invocation Mortal Symphony - Invocation

Omg I love it so much.

from 30 secs to 50 you bring in all the synth and the vocal a bit and I got completely lost in it. I think we all hear a familiar thing in it because of all the synth crap we hear nowadays from music videos, movies, and clubs, but I love this sort of stuff and while it's similar to some things, it has it's own life and character and you molded as your own to make a throughly enjoyable creature of music. At 2:08, I loved that too The ending was great... it worked really well with the beginning, where it was all staccatto at first and my favorite part of the whole piece...hmm...it would have to be the things that sounded like vocals, I'm guessing it was a synth feature. Nice job, i'm totally putting it on my Ipod ^_^.